New Darth Mix

Darth you are truly a legend!!
Seriously you stuff is incredible. :D

I can't offer to many mix suggestions.
Maybe drums a tiny bit too loud or guitars too soft?

It's truly amazing!
Also the band is very good and can write very good hooks.

Keep up the good work

Tukkis

:p

nothing against you. it sounds very very good. you really captured the weezer sound. not sure if they walked in sounding like that or you guys worked on capturing that, but it's spot on.

that's a great recording! I thought the vocals were a bit low in a few spots.. Not always.. only in a few spots.. Nice harmonies..

This song really reminds me of how much I dis-like Blink 182.. :)

Great recording and mix as usual! Kind of happy and slower than the norm.. The vocals seem more nasal than previous recordings of course that isn't a mix problem..

Sounds great. I have to listen in phones because my wife is working up here tonight :rolleyes:. How dare she :D.

It seemed like the bass is a little light in the cans and these are Sony's so they usually have plenty, but take that with a grain of salt.

Very nicely done. I wish my final mixes sounded as good as your rough mixes.

I'd like a little more separation between the guitar and vocals, but really a very good sounding mix already.

Twist

Tasty.

What sample are you using to trigger that kick? ? ?

Whatever it is, you must share. :D

I actually have no complaints . . . other than that crash cymbal panned hard left -- mellow it out a little and pan somewheres off-center and it shouild be good to go. Great stuff going on. Lots of adventurous little things in there I'm assuming must have taken longer than one would expect to mix in there just right.

You always have that thing on the backing vocals (a darth thing) . . . I'm asssuming it's a voice sample played on a keyboard layered in with an actual voice singing the part? Or is it just some funky plugin you found :D (maybe auto-tune on ultra-high setting) ?

Pure power-pop brilliance.

ok ..its cranked...lol...i looooove the snare sound.
either these wiener guys are the most pitch perfect damned singers in the world or you did a nice job of making it sound like they are ...either way.....:D ..i dig the little "party" break in the middle...and they TOTALLY STOLE MY VOICE PIPE PART from last hurrah....ok not so much ...this sounds great ...the bass drum killer...i like the way the vocals are paaned even within the lead part ..very cool..at 3:12 when it drops out and comes back...something it slightly ahead of the pack..i have listned 5 times and i cant pick it out....but its there ..i KNOW it is....right?......you can hear it right??:(

contemplating suicide,
jamal:D

Why can't I say nothing wrong about it?

The guitars sound awesome, I absolutely love the snare sound but couldn't hear bass or bass drum 'cause I'm listening in awfully crappy speakers at work. Anyway, it sounds great.

What tight harmonies this guys have! Love the party intermission also.

Great, great mix. This is the first mix I've heard from you and totally blew my socks off.

Saludos
El Flapo

nice "start" ...!!

maybe the gtrs could be smoothed out a bit, and not so gravel-y..

the bass gtr sounded nice and clean. You don't hear that much nowadays it seems.

Darth,

Very well put together piece. Excellent vocals! Solid balance and pan for my taste, nice hot readings all around.
My humble ears caught a couple of things: questionable bass and guitar minor 2nd @ 2:11 / intonation problem @ 2:13 / either complete silence or crank the glissando @ 2:54 / Somebody jumped the gun after the 5/4 bar @ 3:14 / Everyone needs to 'drive it home' on the last 2 chords @ 3:46 , they are pale in definition and intensity as compared to the preceding 2 sets @ 3:22 and 3:24.
I look forward to upcoming mixes of this tune. PM me if you like when you do so I don't miss them.
Great band! Great job!

peace,
flat-9

Excellent tune and tracking both! What do you call this stuff these days? used to be power pop or something like that. Reminds me of Queen in parts. The mix is good for a rough, but I can see where you want to get in there and tweak some levels and EQ's depending on what needs to be dominant at the time. If it sounds this good now, its gonna kill when you complete the mix. You're a telent for sure, Darth!

Just my 2 cents. Great big ass mix. Not my kind of music, sounds kinda boring like others have mentioned. Well put together though.

Fangar

Blink,you suck you blow...
...and Blink182 fans know...
....that that shit just ain't cool anymore.

Now that that's outta the way.Great harmonies.I wonder how they are live.Some curious parts in the song but, it needed a more defined change...like a fast part ,or a mosh part....whatever.These guys aren't bad,but they need to get on board soon before the ship of bands like this pulls out.Needs remix for all mentioned reasons :D

80's metal forever(Just Kidding).

Back