New Darth Mix!

DarthFaders

Long time no see! I've been on the road, with not too much time to mix! I got home a few days ago, and got a chance to work with another Nashville band called Second Saturday.

Check out this mix that I did tonight, and tell me what you think!

I have MISSED the HR BBS!!!!!

The tune is HERE:

Love,
Darth

Great tune, nice harmonies, some real nice ideas in there. I really enjoyed it, good work man.

Man,there must be a big scene in nashville for this type of music.Feable Wiener could pull this one off too.

How many vocal layers are in this mix?Did the singer do a lot of different takes or was it "fake" double (triple?quadruple?) tracked by copy/paste and slipping the tracks?

Drums might be a tad too compressed but for this genre it's probably perfect.

This song has a great hook.Vocal candy out the A$$!I love it.

you obviously don't need

advice from me based on this as well as your previous work. Just wanted to say nice work, this is a very smooth and professional sounding track.

"Man,there must be a big scene in nashville for this type of music"

Thats the same exact thing I was thinking. Do you seek out bands in this vein to record or is everybody ripping everybody else off out there?

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for the advice and words of kindness! I know I can always get an honest and objective view from you guys! Thanks!

The vocals were actually real takes. 14 vocal tracks...killer!

I don't seek out bands in this genre, really. It's just that there are about 3 bands (my own band included) that make fun rock and roll music, and we're all from Nashville. I just happen to be the "go to guy" when it comes to mixing them!

Very fun song. I enjoyed it! I wish I could mix my stuff that well! Shoot!!.. I wish I could get half as close as that!

Nice tune...

I too agree that the solo could come up a bit. So could the word "arianna" after the a-r-i-a-n-n-a bit.

The drums sound very compressed.

It is a fun tune like you pointed out. sounds great.

The vocalist is very good~!!

cheers

yiordanaki

well crap!!

AWESOME....
man i hope i meet people like you guys in my new town.......ever play on the west coast??....

excellent.

Great sounding mix.

Crystal clear, great placement, and loud without being overbearing.

Good job man!

Cy

just to clarify i know this isnt your band....in case that wasnt clear....but all the same sentiments apply.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

Back