New Darth FW mix...Feable Weiner Theme Song

DarthFaders

Once again...I make the mistake of posting a rough mix. However...I do it only for the simple fact that I want opinions on it.
So tear it apart.

Thanks!
Darth

Yeah darth,it's a rough mix.....NOT!If I could get my rough mixes to sound like this they would be ready to press and sell!

These guys know how to write a hook thats for sure.....and this is all coming out of Nashville?Country music Capitol of the world.....LOL!

Sounds good to me man.

Man, that crash is panned WWWWAAAAAAYYYY to far out to the left, as is the hat.

Therefore, the entire mix sucks, BIGTIME.

(bigtime, as in...top 40, multiplatinum type sucking).

I can't possibly give any serious help. It's good. Others may shred, I'll just thank you and go smash my guitar now.

:D
Chris

Well... even though I'm sure I'll get trounced on again for not saying anything but compliments... I have to be honest... :p The mix was great. The song is a little cheesy, but I have no doubt that was the intention, so who cares,.. and as usual it's a great recording,.. but...... the vocals were way too compressed. They sounded really "dirty". (huh?) Now don't get me wrong... compression is my friend.. (deja vu?) but when there's too much of it, it gets too "noticeable", and you get that harsh "edge" on the vocal sound, and that takes away from the listening experience.

But really, that's my only "critique". Obviously way above average stuff for around here.

WATYF

Wow if that's a rough mix,I'm doomed! :D

Sounds really great,I like the upbeat humorus feel to it.

What's the story behind Feable Weiners,4 guys in a band?
Like the Monkees on steroids?:D

Cool stuff!

Pete

Cool....very cool.

This would appeal to teenagers anywhere. But thats the band.....

As for you, the mixer, very very nice.

i tried and tried to find something wrong for you...... but only one thing i could come up with - and it might be in my head anyway . at around 1.57 they start harmonizing right??? well .. and this is just my opinion.... i reckon the lower singing part is too loud compared to the high part.
That could be intentional - cos they wanna emphasize the lower part , but I reckon its still too loud.

Anyway now that thats said I'll let you bask in all the (deserved) compliments that are gonna come your way!!

thanks for posting
yiordanaki

Very tight. Real drums? They sound good what ever they are. Wasn't it yyou that was using a GT AM-52 for vocals?

Thanks guys, for taking the time to listen and post your comments.

I agree with all of your suggestions, for the most part! Thanks for helping me out...and yeah...I am the AM52 guy!

You can get the story on the band at www.feableweiner.com .
Darth

The songs great and the playing is very fine but the mix is muddy sounding to me. All the different instrument are all mushed together and W.A.T.Y.F. (whew, what a long name to have to type) is right about the vocals.....they are compressed to death. Maybe that's what I'm hearing. Is everything compressed? That would mush everything together into one big amorphous blob of sound.
You did say it was a rough mix right? So I wouldn't expect it to be perfect. The song and playing are both great so I'd focus on trying to get all those instruments to stand out in the mix and especially get that vox up.

Back