New Darth Board Mix

Another great song with great sound as always... Love the harmonies. Alot of work was put in this and it sounds GREAT!

sounds killer!!..

altho to me the intro was almost too quiet....i cant completely turn it up so maybe on a better system it sounds fine...
the guitar break right at :58 LOVE THAT.....this sounds so good i wont ever bother sounding like ......at all....lmao:D

the mumumumumumumumumumu....not a fan...but thats pretty picky i guess...is this one guy singing all the harmony parts..??or is it different band members...??...

cool tune (i wish you wouyld stop showing up here with this shit...lol..man i am THIS close to just trying maybe square dancing or something else to take up my time....)

jamal

up until :14 I was ready to dog you and tell you how God awful it sounded.....the old lo-fi trick....yeah it worked.......

damn fine mix again.......

It does have the "canned" board mix sound, kind of flat and lo-fi, but otherwise great work, everything in its place, nice harmonies, good musicianship.

Lord Faders;

Cool toon, Bro! Good breaks in it. I think I would bring up the intro a bit, but that's JMHO.

Great mix for a Board tune.

Did you steal some of my Instant Martians to do the Vox? ;)

CR ><>

Good stuff. Great chest-thumpin' kick. Only minor complaints are that the bass gets a little bit lost, and the snare sounds a little odd -- that might just be the effect you're after though.

Very nice.

Hey,

sounds really good - I like the ending, and the start - where the REAL stuff kicks in.

What are these guys like live? I reckon it would be hard to recreate this sort of thing live - theres a lot of tweaking............

anyhow, Like it alot - toms sound good

yiordanaki

Hey Jamal...it's three singers, actually.

yiordanaki, they are a great band live! So entertaining! They're on tour right now, going all over the USA, check www.feableweiner.com for show listings...it's a show you can't miss!

Darth

So these bands have no problem when you ask them to come over to your bedroom to record?

;)

I'm guessing you could be very helpful with other peoples' mixes around here. Check out a few, if you find the time. There's some good stuff that sometimes just needs a push in the right direction....

sounds pretty good..........almost too many harmonies....it made it hard to make out a lot of the words during the verses..........sounds cool though

Sluice, the funny thing is: I've tried to give opinions on mixes before, but I always end up thinking of WAY too many things and falling asleep before finish. I'm mastering a project for a band out of NY, and when asked by the engineer what I would change in the mix, I basically wrote a two billion word term paper! I will try to make it a point to comment on mixes from now on, in a condensed form, of course! And for the record, THEY ask if they can come over to record :D :D :D :D :D

Darth

Great !!! A group of us our going to check you guys out when you come to Chicago.

BPOCO

[edit] - Check out TRIPLEM's "What I Want". It sounds like a very "FeableWeiner-ish" type song.

Last edited:
Great job Darth! What can I say?? :D

I'm curious if you've upgraded any of your mic signal path in the last few months. Also, how are you recording the bass?

Back