(New Dance Track) Heartless ?

A dance track needs to be built from the bottom up. It sounds like your kick and bass are an afterthought here, with the main emphasis on pianos, lead synths etc. There are a lot of stops and starts that interrupt the flow, not what you want in a pure dance track. A minute or two in the track does begin to sound more like a dance track, but even there the lead synths eventually overwhelm your kick and bass.

Good start, but this track hasn't yet figured out what it wants to be.

I am going to second Robus. Seems like you know how to do the notes, therefore you know the basics and your mix is pretty decent (I wouldn't get too much into the mix until the song gets sorted out). Not understanding where it wants to go.

Good news is, you are past the beginning phase of song writing and playing, now putting it all together to bring it where you want it to go. Keep working it, I think you can get it to be a fine piece.

Absolutely. It's promising and is going to get a lot better. Make it groove. The rest will fall in line.

+1 on what everyone else has said. This sort of splits the difference between a dance track and a "lo-fi hip hop beats to relax/study to". If you want it really danceable, most of the chill space will need to keep a driving rhythm going.

Back