New computer having Us-122 problems PLEASE HELP.

Jackrip

Okay, so I bought a new laptop in hopes of helping out my recording situation. The laptop came with Vista. After some research I found out that US-122 and Vista dont mix. Okay so I fixed that problem, I downgraded my laptop to XP Pro, and I am having the same problems. No matter what audio I playback, I get cracks and pops, also the vocals sounds a bit weird. My sound is normal otherwise. Is this a corrupt coundcard issue or a laptop issue? Maybe its just a setting issue, i have no idea at this point, but I am getting really frustrated. Please help me.

problem

I had a problem which sounds like the problem you have....I ended up sending my US-122 back to where I purchased it, I thought it was defective...the retailer checked it out and told me it was fine, but did suggest that it may be my computers chipset, I tried it out on my (Intel) laptop when I got it back and it was as quiet as anything...no pops or crackles...I have since upgraded my PC to intel chipset and the US-122 is working fine...hope this helps

Regards
Paul

So if PaulK is right, can you tell us what kind of chipset is causing problems?
I might buy a secondhand US-122 soon.

Back