New bedroom studio coming

laptoppop

Musical Technogeek
I'm about to start construction on my new bedroom studio. Its 10 feet by 16.5 feet with a couple of pesky windows to the outside near a freeway. I'm going to be adding some mass to the walls, and covering the windows to cut down on sound in and out.

I should have some pictures soon -- I'll talk to John about joining his recording studios under construction pages.

I'm going to be using slot resonators for both mids and bass control. I've got some modifications to the typical resonator designs that I've worked out that I hope will give a very smooth frequency absorbtion response. The biggest modification is to use splayed slots, inspired by John's work on Left Bank. The slots will be in free standing units, so that I can take them with me if/when I get a better location.

I've attached the basic design. I'd love comments!

-lee-

Attachments

• studio plan one.gif
    studio plan one.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 134
Just to be clear - this is being built in a bedroom, but it is a dedicated area for mixing and some overdubs only. I'm also putting together a custom desk to hold my gear and silence my computer. The floors will be wood. The ceiling slopes up along the long length of the room. Here's a picture of my planned ceiling treatment.

-lee-

Attachments

• studio plan one ceiling.gif
    studio plan one ceiling.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 124
Back