New Beat...

For the club feel I think your production on this is on point. Ooh, Biggie and Meth samples, now you got my attention, nice placement. The other voice I can't make out.

Like I said the production is on point. I think the problem is the mix and the sounds. Better sounds, especially the bass and main synth lines, would really benefit the track. The bass seqeuence is tight, but I'm not feeling that instrument. The strings are a little too simple as well. Something as a simple as a reverb may help there. That delayed kick like sound you're using in the bridge is hot as hell.

For mixing, this whole track needs to sound a lot bigger to have the typical club sound. The bass isn't nearly hard hitting or deep enough and the the mix sounds too narrow, like everything is running right up the center. Try panning some tracks.

I checked out your other track as well and although it's not my style of music I can appreciate good production when I hear it. I would say this track suffers from the same problem as the first.

Tight work.

Stray

Thanks.
You identified everything that I want to change, but am just too lazy to do so. Any other minds like to give me some ideas? This was the second beat I had ever done, but I always thought that it could've been a hot one had I known what I know now. I appreciate ya help stray.

The other voices are Dr. Dre and Lady of Rage.

The sample is mixed like this:
Dre: Yeah and ya don't stop...
BIG: I make it hot...
Rage: I've just begun to rock...
Dre: Yeah and ya don't stop...
BIG: I make it hot...
Meth: Niggas won't even stand next to you!
(repeat)

Odd idea, but nice result, huh?

-L

I would agree with everything stray said about it being narrow sounding...
I think after the chorus its sounds a little better with the claps or whatever being panned...

Bring that Organ or whatever out more...

Nice work...
Get rid of that moog

Well stray's responce was so detailed it is hard to say anything else about it.

Agree 100%.

Im Down

I got a couple of tracks fa ya.

Are yall remixing other remixes or can you still go with the straight ACCs. 93bpm right? shit, thats right up my alley.

I can take the Accs to the studio and drop somin onit.

Let a Georgia Boy get sum.

Malcolm

Wrong Spot

malcolm123 said:
I got a couple of tracks fa ya.

Are yall remixing other remixes or can you still go with the straight ACCs. 93bpm right? shit, thats right up my alley.

I can take the Accs to the studio and drop somin onit.

Let a Georgia Boy get sum.

Malcolm

Wrong spot. My bad

the music itself is good, the instruments i would change, especially the bass synth... i can't really point out what i don't like about it...

nice work on sampling, just improve the mixing, balance between everything.. the bass is a little too loud, in my opinion.

btw, i think you should just thicken things up a little, like add more instruments, more of these sounds and little things that won't have me wondering what's missing in this track.

it's already good just keep up the work it can only get better

Hot track...Mos def a good club joint...

I say track it and attack it....

Thing that's stumpin me is the synth you used.... Motif maybe?

a motif???
do i look like big bank hank to you?
i ain't got them kind of dollars.
for the strings, waahs, organs: i used a casio cheapo 1700
for the drums: a yamaha yurbroke 550, and a sampler created for euro-trash drum and bass remixes.
oh yeah, and a discontinued synth for the bassline.

hey, i rock with what i have.

-L
all aforementioned gear purchased USED online and our of newspaper ads. you gotta love that.

Balling on a budget... Nothing wrong with that...

:) It was actually the drums that made me decide it was a YAMAHA... At lo-fi they sounded almost like samples but more like some YAMAHA stuff. Talking about a PSR550 right? The samples made me think 2 things, either a midi setup or a RS7000. The bass was heavy enough to make me think 2000 model... The synth sounds stumped me some but read like maybe RS7000 (not really motif) but the playing says velocity sens. keys. So that's how I came up with MOTIF.

I like to analyze sounds source for some reason...I seem to catch a few things here and there that make it seem like I know what i'm talking about. :)

Anyway though I liked the beat.

actually lazi,

i made up all those model numbers.
i have a yamaha ry20 (or 15, i don't remember) drum machine
a roland sp808ex sampler, an alesis QS6, and a cheapo casio ctk-somethin keyboard.

i like to keep it fonky.

-L

ps- i also collect old, very 80's sounding, casio keyboards that have, like 3inch keys. take the tops off, and those things give you some sick sounds that NOBODY can replicate!

Nice beat. I feel you not even a year ago. i was using a psr520. all the songs on my mp3 page were made with it. build as u can and make the best of what u have in the meanwhile

Yo sorry i have been missing in action fellaz last two weeks i been in the lab on the slab for them dollars. but i'm making my rounds now and hittin every body with that said:

Ery thing done been said but i like the hell out of this track keep it up son you on FIIIIIIRRREE!

Back