New Beat. Please Critique

I'm digging it.

Digging the drums. Good sounds for this kinda beat.

Kinda Timbish to me. That's maybe the only thing I'm having a hard time with. I didn't wanna say it but that's what i'm hearing.

Peeped some of your other joints. You got something going there. Keep it up doc. Peace.

By the way... What are you using??? Or have I asked already?

Mista,
I'm diggin how you are using the sample. The beat is composed pretty good, with all the break downs and synth parts. But I would agree that the synth part sound like Timbaland a little. But everybody takes a little something from there favorite producer (if it is Timbaland), as long as if it is a little. Don't try to copy his style. But back to the beat, overall it is pretty good. By the way, I'm from the Miami area too, specifically Pembroke Pines. Good to see somebody from the area on the board.

LAZI said:
I'm digging it.

Digging the drums. Good sounds for this kinda beat.

Kinda Timbish to me. That's maybe the only thing I'm having a hard time with. I didn't wanna say it but that's what i'm hearing.

Peeped some of your other joints. You got something going there. Keep it up doc. Peace.

By the way... What are you using??? Or have I asked already?

Thanx a lot.. here is what I am using

My computer (an old gateway)
-fruity loops 3.5
-Battery
-Kontak
-FM7
-absynth
-Mo Phatt Soundfont
-Purephatt soundfont
-Planet Phatt soundfont
- And some other soundfonts, that i cant name right now. T-racks (I only use it to master beats when they are not going to be recorded on. If they are, I use the raw beat.)
-Waves Plug In pack

A midi controller, I forgot the name, it starts with a C
my Boston acoustics (these home theater speakers can be some nice monitors. Without the surround sound of coarse.)

i am getting ready to get the roland xp-30 (as soon as i find a good auction on ebay), and i found a good deal on a trinity so i should be getting that also.

Ralph Wiggum - Thanx a lot for your reply. Yeah the beat did sound kind of timboish when i got done, I didnt do it on purpose though. I was actually trying to make something different. Anyway, Im down in Miami, Allapattah to be exact.

This beat is gangsta, this is the first professional(not mixing but quality)sounding beat ive heard on this site in a while really since I stopped postin mines keep it moving dogg you got a bright future!!!

What happened with the soundfonts you was supposed ta give me dog?

I got over 400 quality soundfont so if you wanna trade it aint no thing...........

Remember .....I wanted all the Phatt joints(Mo Phatt, Planet Phatt, Pure Phatt)

Back