New Beat-Kanye's Leftover's

that snare gotta go.....

the arrangement aint bad after u cut off the song.... like where the snare has the double clap... the part that im guessin is the hook is aight no real chops i'd like to hear some stutters or something..... but and it might just be me but i cant stand that snare/clap lol....

I only added the snare to give the clap more of an attack.... Other wise my clap would sound kinda like a snap... But now that I listen to it, that snare/clap combo sounds ugly...

If you had you're choice would you rather take out the snare or the clap? Or would you use an entirely different snare (minus the clap)?

I call it "Kanye's Leftovers"... I made this beat out of Kanye's "unused" portions of "Thru the Fire" by Chaka Khan.... I know the samples aren't trimmed exactly correct, I just wanna know what you think as far as the arrangements... I'm not entirely finished with it... I wanna add some strings or something

check it out:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5921562&q=hi

As always, Fyre got it on the head!.. that snare/clap combo be UGLY!.. mayne you needa tighten up a snare and make it snap, and remove the double snare part where it goes "boom snare boom snare... boom snare".. not that you get my point but.. maybe?

where it goes..

Kick

Snare

Kick snare snare <-- REMOVE

Kick

Other then that, deepin the kick, make the hi-hats do something different, or remove them completely. Keep 'em comin'..

-Re-Lapse

As always, Fyre got it on the head!.. that snare/clap combo be UGLY!.. mayne you needa tighten up a snare and make it snap, and remove the double snare part where it goes "boom snare boom snare... boom snare".. not that you get my point but.. maybe?

where it goes..

Kick

Snare

Kick snare snare <-- REMOVE

Kick

Other then that, deepin the kick, make the hi-hats do something different, or remove them completely. Keep 'em comin'..

-Re-Lapse

Are you talking about the part where I layer that other reverberated snare on top of the original snare/clap?
Or the part where the drum pattern changes?

sheit - call me stupid - i like it!!! i like it just like this - although i know not what the hell homiez is talkin bout wit da clap snare shit - but there's an "echo" effect around 2:19 or so that's KINDA "out of place" - but . . . who the fuck is gon rap to this joint? i think i want to!!!!

"Kanye's Leftover's"-5.5/10
-Nice Intro
-Loving The Arrangement
-Nice Bassline

Overall this is a nice track but a better snare/clap could have been used or either turn down the double clap some. Drums could hit jus a lil harder to. But I like it though.

Nicole

Back