new beat..Extra Gramz..gucci mane on da hook

real hot track.. just make sure whoever buy it they clear the sample (of Gucci Mane) or you will have to clear the sample before selling the track.

Keep banging...

preciate d afeedback homies...

Trump im usin a fantom x6 to make my beats...i bought a m audio midi controller and reason 4.0 like 3 weeks ago and i gave up on it after da first try..im back on my trusty old fantom....im eventually gonna learn to make beats on reason but for now im still on da fantom..

n yeah bknot i know what u sayin on da sample clearence...but da way i see it is that if gucci manes people or whoever takes care of all that sample clearence stuff comes at me i must be doing something good..so i dont worry too much about them yet..

when i do sell beats i do tell da artist that da beat is also available without da sample and they have to worry about clearing da sample..

how do u go about clearing a sample anyways? :confused:

You have to license it I think. You pay depending on whatever contract you decide on, whether its you paying them for each time a song is played on the radio, or every time it's played, or whatever.

You have to get permission for the Record label, Publishing Company and all songwriters involved... if any of them say no,,the sample can't be used.

They will be a fee involved and your giving up all or a large percentage of your songwriter royalties to use the sample.

you can use Harry Fox Agency to clear sample..but not all artists/labels/publishing co. use them..

also if you go through them online using Songfile you can't request reduced rates if you think it to much.

and you will more them likely give up you mechanical royalties for the song on all pressed and released units sold...

Got a headache boucin around.

Beat is ill.

Fawk payin them dudes for that sample....you could say some ill shyt yourself and just chop it and turn the pitch down a little bit....you wont even sound like yourself, trust me.

plus its free!

Back