New beat - Dreams

royal_design

Hey whats up, its been a while but i'm back again. This is one of my latest beats and i need some advice on this. The leveling in particular. I uploaded 2 different versions. One where the drums are standing out a bit and one with a more overall equal volume. Which one do you think sounds better and why?

peace,

majestic.

My vote goes to the swing volume mix....simply because the other mix has the bass taking over too much. That song is dope but it's not supposed to rattle the trunk too hard. Nice and subtle. Can't make no baby with the baby music hittin' so hard that you miss while strokin'. Tha woman gonna be pissed at you and the cops'll come arrest ol dude in the Cadillac quick and then lil junior never comes to be....damn

Can't make no baby with the baby music hittin' so hard that you miss while strokin'. Tha woman gonna be pissed at you and the cops'll come arrest ol dude in the Cadillac quick and then lil junior never comes to be....damn
LMAO Uncle Fiev you're a wild dude:D

I love them both!
Definitely my style...............
Man you got some of the illest joints in here. IMO

Last edited:
i just checked um out on my stero and couldnt hear a difference but i like the beat so im a hook up my monitors and see if i can tell...... gimme a minute

Yea i like this joint a lot homie a whole lot.... I see u figured out something im still tryin to get a grasp on and thats addin lil touches hear and there to the beat it really makes a difference wit all the counter melodies and sounds and shit good job..... as far as which one i like better mix wise I like number 2 over the swing volume mainly cause I like hard hittin durms and bass..... and yea sometime it dont work for this kinda track but your bass is tight and i was listenin to that Snoop- sexual seduction at this party on some big speakers and the bass was hittin hard as fuck and the joint still had the vibe it needed... I say all that to say as long as its done right u can keep the bass in there

Fyre, I find that in those situations if you make a nice bass that matches parts of the main melody you get the same effect with smooth yet hard hitting bass. Now don't be askin me what I did with the Fritos.

Yea i like this joint a lot homie a whole lot.... I see u figured out something im still tryin to get a grasp on and thats addin lil touches hear and there to the beat it really makes a difference wit all the counter melodies and sounds and shit good job..... as far as which one i like better mix wise I like number 2 over the swing volume mainly cause I like hard hittin durms and bass..... and yea sometime it dont work for this kinda track but your bass is tight and i was listenin to that Snoop- sexual seduction at this party on some big speakers and the bass was hittin hard as fuck and the joint still had the vibe it needed... I say all that to say as long as its done right u can keep the bass in there

thanks man. Yeah it are the little touches that make a track last, even if you can't hear it consciously. If you check out jodeci albums you'll hear what i mean. I've been listenin to jodeci for over 5 years now and i haven't got tired of one single track. Someone who is still doing that is battlecat. He is so sick on the beats man, you should check him out.

pz.

nice man feelin dat nice synths and flutes good work! nly think i can say is maybe conitnue with some instruments cuz they just cut off, really hot tho!

Back