new band new demo new song

James HE

a spoonfull weighs a ton
new anxieties new questions need feedback! :D

I've been away from the clinic for a long time. I've been pretty busy. I've got a track about 75% completed and would like to hear some opinions. One thing I'm woundering is what genre this music could be in. It's a dumb useless question, i know, but It's frustrting to me when people ask about my music and I have no idea how to describe it.. oh well. :D Fell free to comment on anything, the mix, the playing, the song, whatever...

enjoy

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2883&alid=-1

I'm new here, but I'll give you my two cents. Original. Nice, full sound. Good intro, if just a tad long. Well recorded, played and mixed. Kept my interest. I guess I'd only have one small criticism: I kept expecting/wanting it to go somewhere else for a few seconds. I was eagerly awaiting the keychange/tempo change/chorus, etc. that would take it to the next level and kick my ass. It sounded like a constant build-up with no payoff. Does that make any sense?

It's very well done, though. I enjoyed it. And your singer has a very good voice. Keep up the good work!

Piltdown Man

thanks for listening piltdownman.

I see what you are saying about the build-up but without a real conclusion. I think we will probably end up making the song longer. It's pretty short for us, the other tunes are much much more complex. This is our "simple to the point" song, but hmm what is the point? :D lol. There will probably be a percussion track eventually.

That's my voice, thanks for the compliment. ;)

Reminded me of the Doves. Whatever they call them, you should call this. Well recorded, great sound. I think it could have use a chorus or a bridge or something. Some sort of modulation is all you need. Otherwise, a cool tune.

Listening....

First impressions...very cool!

Nice intro and pop-in.

Laid back rock....that's what I'd call it.

Great drum space on this. Nice recording.

Needs a break and return in here.

This is heroin rock.

Some other riff would help and the end is a bit abrupt, it could use more of a break down or outro.

sounds good..........not crazy about the echo on the vocal...but the vocal it self is very good.........i think the effect kind of cheapens it...........i would also agree that a different section like a bridge or strong chorus could help the flow....but i like what you've got so far.....

as for genre......hmm.....'alternative rock' seems like a broad enough term to fit this under this

Back