New ballad - "When You're Here"

I thought it sounded pretty nice. Tone on things was nice.

The mix leaned a little bit to the right. The acoustic guitar on the right was kind of a constant presence, but the countering instruments on the left were not as constant. Not a horrible problem, but it leaned a little right to me.

Little pitch issue at about 1:00 on the word "about"? Seemed like it.

Bass sounded a bit sterile to me. Not enough low mid energy.

Minor things. It sounded nice.

I thought it sounded pretty nice. Tone on things was nice.

The mix leaned a little bit to the right. The acoustic guitar on the right was kind of a constant presence, but the countering instruments on the left were not as constant. Not a horrible problem, but it leaned a little right to me.

Little pitch issue at about 1:00 on the word "about"? Seemed like it.

Bass sounded a bit sterile to me. Not enough low mid energy.

Minor things. It sounded nice.

Thanks for the comments! Yes after a few people mentioned the acoustic, I changed the panning a little bit to balance it out more.

I know what you're talking about on the word "about," but I decided to let it go.

I kind of liked the bass tone, but I'll mess with the low mids a bit and see if it helps.

I kind of liked the bass tone, but I'll mess with the low mids a bit and see if it helps.

If you like the bass definitely keep it. I didn't have any strong negative reaction. It was a bottom-of-the-barrel nitpick. I do bottom-of-the-barrel well.

I loved this tune. Very good songwriting and arrangement. Great melody. I thought the recording was engineered and mixed very well. The whole thing is first rate IMO. The lead guitar was loud but the tone was killer and the performance spot on. It sounded cool up loud in the mix.
Fantastic job famous beagle.

I loved this tune. Very good songwriting and arrangement. Great melody. I thought the recording was engineered and mixed very well. The whole thing is first rate IMO. The lead guitar was loud but the tone was killer and the performance spot on. It sounded cool up loud in the mix.
Fantastic job famous beagle.

Thanks very much for the listen and the comments!

There's something uniquely expressive about your voice... it's gentle and strong at the same time.

I like the song's writing and arrangement. The guitar solo was beautifully played, though had the acoustic guitar been continued there it would have been good.

In the first phrase "Now that you're gone", the "now" vowel sound could do with a bit of volume automation as it's overly resonant.

There's something uniquely expressive about your voice... it's gentle and strong at the same time.

I like the song's writing and arrangement. The guitar solo was beautifully played, though had the acoustic guitar been continued there it would have been good.

In the first phrase "Now that you're gone", the "now" vowel sound could do with a bit of volume automation as it's overly resonant.

Hey Tim ... haven't seen you around here in a long while. Thanks for the listen, the kind words, and the tips. I actually originally did have the acoustic continue at the beginning of the solo, but I felt that it (the solo) didn't built quite enough, so I cut it out of the front. Once I did that, I really liked the spareness it created with the dry lead tone and all. :)

This one's a bit on the mushy side (for my wife), but I'd like some input the mix if possible.

Thanks for the listen.

Sniff:D Seriously, I love this song. I had to listen to it twice because the first time I got caught up in the lyrics and did not really pay attention to the music. The guitar is really good, liked the solo also. nice job on the vocals. I would like to email it to my girlfriend if you don't mind. we have a long distance relationship so the song really hit home with me. :thumbs up:

Sniff:D Seriously, I love this song. I had to listen to it twice because the first time I got caught up in the lyrics and did not really pay attention to the music. The guitar is really good, liked the solo also. nice job on the vocals. I would like to email it to my girlfriend if you don't mind. we have a long distance relationship so the song really hit home with me. :thumbs up:

Ha! Thanks for the listen. Sure, feel free to send it along. That was the spirit behind it anyway. :)

This sounds fantastic. I'm generally not into songs about feelings, but I am making an exception in this case. Great recording, and great mix choices. The lead guitar tone is beautiful and the feeling in the playing is great.

Awesome job here. Just... awesome.

Well done FB - I'm a bit fan of love songs as sappy as some think they are lol. And this one is great!
Mix is fine for me, I wouldn't change a thing. This is a home run!

This one's a bit on the mushy side (for my wife), but I'd like some input the mix if possible.

Thanks for the listen.

Nothing lines up the way it should.

Except this tune. Really good work. Maybe it's mushy, but it's effortlessly so.

You've got a great voice man. Damn, I can't really find much fault with this mix. Maybe take a little bit of brightness out of the acoustic guitar on the right, or drop the volume on it a hair.

Great song, great performances. This is pro quality songwriting, arranging, and playing. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it!

All the individual instruments sound well recorded, mix gels up nicely. Love the rhodes or whatever the piano is. Especially like the acoustic, and actually like the panning choice. Leaves the middle wide open. Wide open middle is important for a song like this IMO.

Great to hear another song from you! I like the mix with a another vote for pushing the lead geetar back a tad otherwise spot on! You have a really special voice that fits your songs so well. In my years in the business, the one thing you can't buy, mix, sample or engineer is a special vocal quality and you have that.

TKeefe | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I really like this tune. It has a simplicity about it that captures my imagination and draws me in. I think I have listened to it about six times now. All the positive things the others have expressed here I agree with. Great job, great tune.

Sorry for the delayed response everyone. I was in New Orleans for a family reunion.

Kindafishy: Thanks for making the exception! :) I appreciate the listen and the feedback.

ido1957: Thanks! Love songs are a rarity for me, but I'm glad you found this one to be a success.

Aktron205: Then my job is done. Glad she liked the song. :)

Dobro: Thanks very much for the kind words.

Tadpui: Thanks so much! I struggle with my thoughts on my voice, so it's really nice to hear when someone else likes it.

chuckduffy: Thanks for the comments! The Rhodes was a Lounge Lizard Session plugin. I really like it too.

Tkeefe: Thanks a lot for the kind words and feedback on the mix. That's one more vote for the lead down a notch. :)

Illsidgus: Thanks so much for the thoughtful comments. I'm glad you liked it. :)

A Keeper!

Loved this song and everything about it. I agree the acoustic on the right is a little offsetting but I can live with that. The solo has a great feel to it and the closeness kind of sets it up for the smooth build. Just great. Like your voice on this one. Fits across several kinds of music. Could make a huge crossover! I'm gonna have to give your other stuff a listen.

Back