New ballad music video - opinions and tips?

EternusMorbus

Hey people! :-)

My music video: Withered Leaf - A dismal Way Of Life | Music video with lyrics | One man band - YouTube

I want to share my new music video. I've recorded the song in my little home studio (that I want to improve) as well as filmed it during the recording session. Though the video only features the guitar.

I play all the instruments, except the drums. I made the drums with "Addictive Drums" software. At the moment I don't have enough space in my living place for the drumset, so I wasn't able to record real drums.

I'm hoping for opinions and maybe some tips. I am currently trying to improve my recording skills, because they're not that good... :-)

For those who wonder, I used this equipment for the recording of this song:
Steinberg MR816 X
AKG c2000
Cubase
Korg X50
ENGL E530
Old acoustic guitar with nylon strings
Addictive Drums software
ESP ltd f400
Thanks!

Mads
Withered Leaf

Have you taken any training in music or this is just your passion. I am not having that much of knowledge in it that I can suggest you. But as a listener I like it.

Hi Floza, thanks for checking it out!

I havent been taking training in either instruments, recording or mixing. I have passion for this project and I absolutely love doing everything myself. Tho I've noticed it takes quite some time to get "good at" recording and mixing. I'm very glad you liked it!

The drums do need some work - a little clunky throughout.
As you've put the lyrics up you've brought attention to some grammatical & pronounciation issues in the delivery. If you want a little assistance with that side of things PM me.
Musically this is developing strongly - aside form the drums and the electric guitar entry which sounds quite off - the electric lines and classical lines don't blend well - a matter key perhaps - or the distortion has pushed the electric into another realm.

Love the look of the video with the simple guitar only issue on the mix vocals are not as clear as they could be and are drowned out by the music

Thanks for your feedback, Rayc. I'll keep this in mind when I record my next song. And thanks for offering assistance when it comes to grammar. I guess I'll need some assistant with that in the future! I'm Norwegian after all. :thumbs up:

Back