new acoustic track with some electric

Frenchc

Heres a revised version of another acoustic song I had up, we rewrote it and such, completely different now, I still can't seem to get the acoustics to sound right to my ear anyway but if anyone would like to comment I'd appreciate it, comment about the mix, the song itself or whatever else you feel the need for, any advice is appreciated

its the one that says newest acoustic something or other

http://www.soundclick.com/artist/0/44ozofmegachill_music.htm

thanks,

Chris

Thought i would comment since noone else would bother.
What kind of mic are you using?
Are you using a dynamic mic. Sounds pretty direct mic sounding. try adding some reverb to soften things a bit.
What guitar are you using?
The two main things are the right guitar for the sound you want and the right mic placement really. The room will play a big part if not close miced though.
Nice distortion creeping in. Didnt expect that one. Cool :)
Nice tune man. so you like Incubus also!! :D

Get some singing over that dude.
Im liking the acoustic pan at the end. I used to be into all that sort of stuff when i first started recording, then kinda found one way that i stick to. Kinda boring.

I used a small condenser mic, its really the only decent mic i had at the time, track with a little compression and thats jsut about it, I'll try adding some reverb, but i did have an extra track where I put reverb on the main acoustic and panned it slightly but I think it just kinda got lost in the mix

I'm using a Takamine guitar which I love to death but my room does suck which is probably some of the problem, I'll be treating it soon

And yes I like incubus although I havn't listened to them in forever, we are actually big fans of I can make a mess like nobody's business is you've heard them before, it hink thats where we get our sound mostly

I would love to put vocals to it but I suck at singing but I'm working at it

Thanks for the comments

Chris

Well done. I like the playing and I think you did a good job with the mic’ing. Like the arrangement also, especially after the elec comes in. The sound of the acoustic is good even though there's a kind of buzzy/zingy quality to the high strings on it as though it needed an action adjustment or heavier gauge strings, but it's only noticeable when it's playing alone.

Good tune. Maybe add a solo acoustic line over the first half.

Tim

Back