New Acoustic piece

mindwave_21

I've put up a soundclick with 2 songs. Jenny's Song is the most recent acoustic song I've done. Feel free to leave any comments here or there.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/onewayus_music.htm

Thanks in advance!

PS - If you want to mention something about the vocals in either song, I've posted in the Event Electronics/Vocals section of this BBS, you can post there. I also have a myspace if you prefer it: http://myspace.com/yaweno

Last edited:
I really like that tune! Nice songwriting and really nice sound overall - good guit and vox both. I don't know if you listen to Guster at all, but your voice reminds me of Adam's (the lower and best IMO of the two singers), so I kept thinking Guster while listening as a result. Listened to it a few times actually. It definitely works as is, but of course you could add some layers (I could hear some fretless bass, bg vox, some pads) and see what happens to it.

The only thing I would say is that the picked part of the guitar line sometimes seemed a bit low and got a bit lost. The strumming is much louder, which is good, and I wouldn't try to match the volume of the two parts since the dynamics are really nice. But maybe add a touch of compression to bring up the picking part, or maybe a better option would be to double-track that part and dial in as much of the second track to give it some good definition.

Thx for sharing. I enjoyed it!

:)
-Jeff

Cool tune.
Nice sounding Guitars, maybee a bit more prescense on the voice.
Your lyrics are very cool as well.

thanks for sharing.

I'm really excited that you both like the tunes! Guttadaj, I do listen to Guster and am flattered at the comparison. The picked part of the guitar was only during the verses and not the chorus or bridge, but I'll be sure to think of how to establish the presence of it more. Nakatira, by presence do you mean volume or an eq boost in the upper mids?
I'll try to put more songs up in the near future. Thanks again for listening!

Back