New 70s Cover

Sounds cool, there. Bass is probably just too big in the mix, that's all... a lot of low mids.

Nice singing, btw. You have that 70's synth sound down. The midi horns are kinda cheap, but everything else is first rate. Great lead gtr. I'm puttin on my platforms, and pulling a John Travolta here in my living room.

I've just had a go at this one

You English :D Is your wife... a "goer"? Nudge nudge wink wink... ;)

c

sounds good to me. I actually currently do this song with the daughter band. You've pretty much got it nailed.

twas a good rendition. my compliments. I enjoyed the listen very much. I`ve played nearly all of them many times.
I listened to the Chaka tune, that was a nice memory jogger. Your singer hits the mark well. I'm proud to have been able to do some fun jamming with the old Rufus band in the past, especially Hawk and Tony.

Thanks for taking the time,
yes I am english

MartyMcFly; Over the top in what way?
I thought it was a reasonably authentic copy the instrumental was done live so some of the guitar lines are missing, I think the one we use is an amalgamation of two other lines.

Toki987 did you really jam with Rufus?
Tell me more......

Matt303 said:
Thanks for taking the time,
yes I am english

MartyMcFly; Over the top in what way?
I thought it was a reasonably authentic copy the instrumental was done live so some of the guitar lines are missing, I think the one we use is an amalgamation of two other lines.

Toki987 did you really jam with Rufus?
Tell me more......

Yep, it was long ago.. back in the 70`s. They would occasionally play a club a few blocks from where I was playing. After their show was over they`d drop in up at our place. Their bass player and I sorta followed the same school of thinking so it was treat hearing each other play. Chaka was as dynamic offstage as she was in a show..I`ve experienced one other female singer with power like that. have you ever listened to Mother`s Finest?

Back