Neumann TLM 107

GuitarLegend

Just picked up the TLM 107. The first song I recorded with it blew me away. I like to think my recordings have been good before now but I have to admit that I have never heard anything this good from my previous work. The sound was incredible.

Although my other mics may have been improved by the Universal Audio 6176 that I purchased from the same company a few days ago, and it may well be affecting the TLM 107 but I am just so taken by the sound.

Yesterday I had picked up an AKG Perception 820 because it was on sale. I kind of liked it but it didn't make me jump for joy, even through the UA6176. Today a similar thing happened when I went into another store and I had actually asked about a Shure SM7B when I noticed the Neumann boxes on the shelf. I enquired about the TLM 107 but they were marked with the RRP and I managed to resist. But then I was told it was on special for a price I could not resist and well, now I have one. It sounds corny if you happen to have a few U87s lying around but hey, the first time you get anything this good it's exciting. I just wanted to share...

good choice! I've always wanted to try the TLM107, on paper it looks good but there aren't many audio clips of it, would love to hear the fig 8 and omni patterns, someone needs to do a U87 v.s TLM107 shootout.

I'll never forget when I got my TLM103 in 2011, it changed my life forever, I couldn't believe how good it sounded, so I understand your excitement.

Back