Networking of Musicians by State

Should we propose for a new "Networking" Discussion Catagory to be set-up in BBS?

• Good Idea. I'd use it.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Bad Idea. It wouldn't work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bdbdbucksKID

Please let me know what you think about suggesting to the Dragon if could we start a new discussion section entitled "Networking" or something to that effect. I think it would be good all around for finding people if you lose a band member, gigging and placing...etc. We could subcatagorize by state, city whatever. This would also help for you guys out there that do collab work with eachother.

Its a good idea for finding other folks of like interests in the area.

The same can be done by posting a "Hey, I'm in Afghanistan and looking for a kazoo player! Anyone out there?" in just about any forum. Still, it would be nice to have a forum just for collaborations of that sort.

I'd use it, but I have a feeling that there are other sites on the net that will find other, larger groups of people. This place is "small" enough feeling that I can just holler out "Hey- anyone near S.F. or S.C?"

Good idea, though. And it may tease out some of the *many* less active members who are around.

Take care,
Chris

Thanks Chris

I agree, but it would help to establish relationships with the people we correspond with the most...and it would be a great thing if they so happened to be in our area.

Wanted...... female vocalist/muscian between the age 20 and 30 from central florida .
Must be available for local gigs and studio work.
Orginal ideas a must.... NO Covers
Style..... acoustic folk roots stuff but open to other options.

Fatties and Plumpies need not apply. :) :) :)

Any other sites like that? Ralphworld is like a ghost town. Mostly old ads.

Any suggestions for an indie band trying to market their Industrial CD?

Back