need usb interface

matttheaxe

This is a super newbie type post here. I have always used my Delta 1010, but the computer got fried recently. I'm going to do the USB interface thing now. What would be the cheapest USB interface that would be at least as good as the Delta sound card? I have one of those Behringer (he he) ones, but never used it. Can I get by or not?

This is a super newbie type post here. I have always used my Delta 1010, but the computer got fried recently. I'm going to do the USB interface thing now. What would be the cheapest USB interface that would be at least as good as the Delta sound card? I have one of those Behringer (he he) ones, but never used it. Can I get by or not?

Well a Behringer is what it is and will work but you may not like the QT if you ever have something to A/B it up against. If you have the money check out the Tascam US1641 usb interface.

:cool:

If you're buying anyway, I look for FX inserts so I don't have to rely on plug ins after the fact. Anyway, I seem to play different with an effect 'live' as opposed to playing clean and adding a cheesy plug in later.
You can try the M-Audio Fast Track Pro (although many people have trouble with them, and it's a design flaw), the Alesis I02, or the Tascam US122. All under $200 new, and all are 2-channel with inserts. You get Cubase with the Alesis and the Tascam, while M-Audio gives away Ableton Live.

I used the Delta 1010LT for a number of DAWs that I built over the pass few years. When I got my latest computer, it had no PCI slots, and I didn't want to go the Firewire route. I found that the "Focusrite Saffire 6 USB" to be the perfect replacement. I have has zero issues with it, it is quiet, and has been very reliable.

Back