Need to seal floating floor.....

LDQ

Hi,

What can I use to seal between plywood sheets on a floating floor....

Is there some stuff I can buy at Home Depot...

Let me know...

Cheers,

Luis.

Hi Luis - I'm not sure what you mean... do want to seal the joints? Or are you talking about adding a layer of something?

Joints can be caulked with silicon or other sealant. Then add your second layer of ply with the joints staggered or oriented 90deg.

HD sells a Pergo product that is for sound deadening that is like a rubber membrane...

Kevin.

longsoughtfor said:
Hi Luis - I'm not sure what you mean... do want to seal the joints? Or are you talking about adding a layer of something?

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin,

I need to seal the plywood joints....and I am only doing one layer of plywood for my floor...3/4".

If silicon works for than then... that's cool cause I have some already.

By the way...I have some pics..but I haven't been able to post them because the files are too big....any ideas how to do it.

Cheers,

Luis.

Luis you need to get a flooring that has a tongue and groove join. Here in OZ it's called yellow tongue flooring as it has a strip of yellow plastic that links the two sheets. Each side of the sheet has a groove precut into it. You then place the plastic tongue in and it joins with the next sheet. (hard to explain ;) )

cheers
JOhn

Back