Need to Restart Constantly to Get Certain Functionality to Work; Why?

hnia6

I have a Yamaha synth (MM8) hooked up to the CPU via USB. I use HalionOne with it on AI4. Limited voices, but it works well. I just started trying the MM8 as an instrument via 1/4 inch into my M-Audio FTP. I've been noticing the following:

1. If I don't turn on the MM8 and set up for "local off" and "PC Mode" while booting up my CPU, Cubase won't notice it... no exceptions. If Cubase is open and then I set up the MM8, it's the same result.

2. I can't switch between PC mode (USB) and audio instrument mode (1/4") without closing out of Cubase and rebooting my PC. It doesn't matter if I close and reopen Cubase.

While I'm at it, I am recalling that whenever I am in HalionOne and I try to select "Jazz Drums," nothing happens. I have to select something else, then select Jazz Drums. I haven't noticed this with the other options.

None of this appears to be normal? It's a pain in my ass and I'm hoping there's some easy setting that I need to change. If anyone know's what's going on with these issues, I'd really like to hear from you.

Thanks!

That is a little strange. I know Cubase won't recognize a USB MIDI device if it's plugged in after cubase has started but a restart of cubase will fix that problem.

I myself have not worked with midi enough to give any good answers. :(

Have you tried this question in the Steinberg forum? May have better luck there. :D

Back