Need Source for Monitor One Passive Tweeters

Charles Bullock

Hello,

I managed to do a stupid thing and blew out both of the tweeters on my Alesis Monitor One Mk2s.

I'm very happy with the monitors (it was my own dumb fault for trying to use them where they shouldn't have been used) and would like to find a source for the tweeters. Googling has only produced useless garbage links to Ebay.

Is there anyone reputable selling replacement tweeters for the Alesis? Or would I simply be better off buying a new pair? Or should I be looking at some other problem? Right now it seems that the woofers are doing fine, but I have no treble. Is the problem possibly somewhere else? To make a long story short, I tried to use the monitors as PA speakers and well, I sure found out that you can't...

I don't want to get into a discussion of what's better, brandwise. I am very happy with the monitor ones.

Thanks to all who can help out.

Lawrence Bullock

Any Alesis dealer can get them for you. Years ago I had to order a pair from Guitar center. I think it was like $40 for the pair.

When I replaced mine a few years ago, I used Vifa tweeters. I think they were a definite upgrade from the stock ones. Can't remember the model number I used, but I got them from Speaker City in Burbank, CA. Unfortunately, I just got rid of the monitors yesterday so I can't pull a tweeter out to get the part number.

They also carry the Alesis replacement tweeters.

Cheers,
--
Don

Back