Need something to look for during Black Friday

Not really sure what you mean. I basically installed the CD that came with the Tascam 200 and plugged it in via usb.

Not really sure what you mean. I basically installed the CD that came with the Tascam 200 and plugged it in via usb.

Alright.
I assume youre on a Windows system.
Go to the Control Panel and get to "manage audio devices" through hardware/sound tab, there you will need to check the tascam.

Well, I see the Tascam there. What should I do after that?
I checked it and I still hear no sound. Yea, no sound seems to go through the Tascam even though I checked it

Last edited:
Hmmm.

Ok, so yiu checked tascam and clicked applied changes:confused: have you restarted your computer? Tascam made me do that.

I had the same type of problem. I fixed it by turning the volume knobs :o I was dumb. I didn't remember to adjust my computer volume.

um. What do you mean by that?
So far:
I've connected the Tascam to the computer via USB
Plugged in my headphones
checked Tascam as a defalt device

That's it.

Make sure on the tascam the level knob for the head phones is turned up and the mon. Mix knob right next to it is turned all the way to the right for computer since you're trying to listen through it.
If that doesn't take care of it, if you haven't already, restart your computer and then do it.

EDIT: disregard. I didn't see the above comments.

Oh hey. Wow I feel stupid. Haha. All I had to do was turn the nob from Imput to Computer... Thanks!

:) no prob. It took me a while to figure it out too :D

I don't think there is a way to eq it, not sure though. Haven't needed to do it myself.

Just got the Rode NT1a today. Kinda wondering whether I should keep it or not. I have a friend who uses a Blue Bluebird. wondering how it is in comparison.
Haven't used the Rode for long so I'm not sure if anything is flimsy. I heard the included shock mount is weak. Any info on that?

With either mic that I choose to use, do I need a mic stand for them?

Yeah mic stand = good idea.

In the past I've seen some people who prefer the Rode on vox to the bluebird.
Why not just compare it with your friends Bluebird?

Sadly...my friend isn't in the same country as I. So I wouldn't be able to test it :P.

Oh :p Well, are you noticing anything wrong with it yourself or is it a matter of reading about problems other people have with it?

yea...just things that I've read. I've heard that the Rode is too harsh etc... and how the shock guard is very flimsy.

haven't had the time to test it out. Still gotta learn the basics of recording :D

Oh also another concern. My mic is connected to the computer. But I'm worried that my fan might be too strong and the mic will be able to pick up those sounds.

yea...just things that I've read. I've heard that the Rode is too harsh etc... and how the shock guard is very flimsy.

haven't had the time to test it out. Still gotta learn the basics of recording :D

Oh also another concern. My mic is connected to the computer. But I'm worried that my fan might be too strong and the mic will be able to pick up those sounds.

Yeah. Personally, I would say if YOU don't see a problem with it. Hell, keep it.

Here's a story of mine:
I was getting this hiss in my recordings. Figured out I needed a preamp. So I got one. An ART Tube MP.
My first piece of recording gear (The Tascam recorder and instrument/mics notwithstanding).
I thought it ruled, gave me so much more cleansiness then my Tascam.
I read plenty of reviews panning it, and people here ":laughing:" at it, but I didn't care either way because I didnt recognize a thing wrong with it. And I won't change my opinion now and say "oh yeah it suckedddd". No, for me at that time it was perfect.
Now, a year or so later, I've recognized its flaws and learned about new gear and keep upgrading, but still, I've tried to sell it but I can't.
It's my first piece of recording equipment :D and I remember that at one point I was really happy to get it.

The only persons opinion who matters in this recording journey youre about to embark on is yours.
Whether your opinion is "f 'em I'll do what I want! Ill mix from the drummers perspective or on headphones" or "Yeah! That advice was right. Arcadeko knew what he was recommending".
It's all about what you think and learning. And yes, that includes learning that changed your opinion about there being nothing wrong with mixing on headphones :p

Back