need some help on buying a pci card

VEGADAMUS

im interested in buying a pci card
a friend of mine recomended
M-Audio
Audiophile 2496 PCI Digital Audio Card

i wanted to know some of your feelings on this and if its a decent card to get for someone whos looking for a inexpensive and quality recording
if u find this product to be inadequate please let me know i wanna spend between 99 and 199$ and i dont want to waste my money on a bad product
so any help is good thanks in advance
btw im recording hiphop vocals
im using an adk c1000b mic and im running cool edit 2.0

I got one 2 weeks ago and I love it!Huge difference from onboard sound.
It installed very easily!Truely plug and play.I don't think you'll regret buying one!

If you need mic preamps however, for the Audiophile to work, you will need to also buy a preamp. There are several interfaces that have preamps built in that are pretty reasonable as well. As far as PCI interfaces goes, M-audio does make the 1010LT, but it is just a little bit over $200. You could also consider the USB or Firewire route, then you would have a whole plethora of choices in your price range. Firewire: M-audio's Firewire Solo is in your price range ($199). With USB there's M-audio's Fast Track ($99), and their MobilePre ($149). So there are other options if you need some preamps as well.

If I were buying an entry level card today, I would skip the Audiophile 2496 and go for the newer 192 which will be the 2496's replacement.

Back