Need some help finding a mic stand adapter

jabulani jonny

Hey guys,
I just picked up a K&M Mic bar for stereo recording and I need to find a stand adapter for it. Being made in Germany, the mic bar fits a euro stand size 3/8", versus your normal mic stand 5/8".

I've searched up and down and thought I found something, but when I got it in today it was just a stupid mic clip insert. There's money wasted.

So here's an exact description of what I need I'm sure hoping someone on the board here can help out with where to find it.

An adapter that has a female 5/8" end and a male 3/8" end. That's it. Thanks a ton!

Jonathan

Thanks for the try Alex, but that's a male 5/8" and a female 3/8". I need the opposite.

But, I've decided just to return the thing and get a On-Line Stereo Bar from Sweetwater. I was assured that it fit a universal mic stand. So for anyone else looking for a stereo bar.....unless you've got a euro stand, steer clear of the K&M bar. FYI

Uh, wouldn't it be physically impossible to make the thread smaller than it already is??? Or am I just reading this wrong?

AlexHerd said:
Uh, wouldn't it be physically impossible to make the thread smaller than it already is??? Or am I just reading this wrong?
Not if you have one of these. But actually it makes the thread larger but the diameter is smaller.

Attachments

• IMG_4253.JPG
    IMG_4253.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 44
MadAudio said:
Not if you have one of these. But actually it makes the thread larger but the diameter is smaller.
If I read it right, it'd actually look more like a quarter-sized disc, only about three times thicker, with a threaded female 5/8" receptor in the bottom, the a threaded 3/8" protrusion at the top.....like the the old 35mm camera cases used to attach to the tripod socket in the bottom of the camera...only they were 1/4"....
....unless I'm not seeing the male end in your photo...?

whyseye said:
If I read it right, it'd actually look more like a quarter-sized disc, only about three times thicker, with a threaded female 5/8" receptor in the bottom, the a threaded 3/8" protrusion at the top.....like the the old 35mm camera cases used to attach to the tripod socket in the bottom of the camera...only they were 1/4"....
....unless I'm not seeing the male end in your photo...?
No, you're right. I just remembered the kind you're talking about. Haven't seen one of those in ages.

I'm not positive but I think the Euro
3/8" might be different from the
regular (?American) 3/8",
because I have seen these
adapters listed as "for Euro 3/8".

SRR said:

Bingo! That's what I was looking for. I swear I tried every search I could think of. How the crap did that not turn up? It's even made for a K&M bar. Oh well, I've already ordered another bar from Sweetwater and I'm gonna return the K&M.

Thanks a ton for the help. Hopefully someone will stumble along this thread when they get in the same boat. However, they'd actually have to use the "Search" function and we all know that ain't happenin'. :rolleyes:

Thanks again guys.

Jonathan

Reactions: SRR
Back