Need serious help please on Allen and Heath FX12 Mixer

jayef1969

Need serious help please.

I am singing on the internet with my Voicelive Touch. Just bought a Allen and Heath ZED USB 12 FX mixer. Running a SoundBlaster Titanium HD soundcard. I bought the mixer so I could adjust the music that I am singing with and adjust the mix or the microphone level. When I sing either the music is too loud or the microphone is too loud.

I want to be able through the mixer to adjust my singing and the song track to the right volume mix. My question is are the following:

1: I notice the VLT has TSR jacks (Stereo)in the back and an XLR (Mono) plug. I want to record it in stereo and mix it in stereo. The mixer has separate stereo in jacks left and right. Also has XLR mono and a line in and input in 2 1/4 inch inputs under the XLR input. How should I connect this to the VLT? I have a Voicelive Play with an output XLR (mono) input and 2 Output left and right output jacks.

2. What setting should I set the VL Touch and VL play to? Should I use the 48V phantom power on the Touch and Play or should I not use it on them and use the 48V on the mixer?

I know it is a lot to ask but I have not seen any help videos on mixer hookups and I know you are all the experts on this stuff. I just want to start singing again.

Thank You Very Much

Jaye
Everett, WA

jfayed@comcast.net

Mic to Voicelive Touch ( you didn't tell us what mic you have) Voicelive Touch's XLR output to 1 channel of the A&H. Whatever you have your backing tracks on > a stereo input track on the A&H.

A&H USB to the computer, throw the soundblaster card in the trash (just kidding, the A&H becomes your 'soundcard' when you do it this way.

Back