Need recommondations A.S.A.P!

legn8er

Hello,

I currently own a AKG Preception 200 Microphone which goes through a M-Audio PreUSB preamp... and goes to my computers. I want to get a richer vocal and better quality, and I heard alot of good things about RODE NTK.

I was wondering, if I invest into a RODE NTK will the M-Audio PreUSB preamp be good for it? Or that means I will have to get a better Pre-Amp as well?

What kind of voice are you recording? You might want to consider a high end dynamic mic like a sm7 or re20. A a lower cost alternative would be a peavy 520i. (have to find used, not made anymore)
Also old EV re11 or re16 can work well. A good dynamic mic might offer that RICHER sound you are looking for. But maybe not. (maybe you know someone you could borrow some mics from or you could try some out in a local store or you could rent a mic or two just to get an idea)

Thanks for the reply,

Reason I was considering NTK RODE is cuz I like this voice... myspace.com/tommykost I wanna get close to the same result of quality...

my voice on the other hand is here: myspace.com/g3lo18 <-those songs have been recorded using CO3U USB microphone.

Let me know what you think of the setup, would it work well with the preamp I have and the NTK ?

Back