need new monitors

protein

sorry if this is a duplicate post, my computer is weirding out.

i've been mixing on the same monitors with the same amp for 15 odd years from listening to music to 4 tracks to 16 tracks to protools and i know their curve so well it's completely normal to me. i've mixed commercial releases on them and i love them to bits. unfortunately these are circa 1990 aiwa hi fi speakers and i know that one day they will break and i won't be able to replace them. they have an awesome bass response. they really do rock.

also, i'm getting to the stage where i need to be able to mix in other studios and i need to be able to use a more standard studio set up. the career is sort of taking off but the way i plug in to the music isn't very standard.

i hate ns10s, i know i should probably mix on them but they are too yucky. i like kick drums to actually kick me in the chest.

so, decent near field monitors with a decent bottom end for not too much money. what do you think boys and girls?

Seeing as you're getting good results now, save your money until the Aiwas die and then buy something good. Ultimately you get what you pay for and I don't think you'll do better than what you've already got for "not too much money".

Whatever you buy, mixing in other studios will always be a challenge. Even if you have the same speakers, the room will sound different. I agree NS10s suck and I'd never use them for more than a second opinion.

Back