Need mixing thoughts/arrangement ideas.

Hi.

I instantly hate the reverb on the drums. I don't have the vocabulary to articulate what I don't like, but it makes the recording sound dated...and the date is not recent.

I like the changeup, I like your lead tone a lot, and I like what you played

This seems sort of like a song sketch at this point...keep going.

So was she really blind? That would work well for me, because I'm pretty ugly.

Check your phase

I thought the drums sounded OK, probably a tad too loud. But wow! The guitar is out of phase. Other than that, a cool little sketch.

what do you mean by out of phase? how do i fix this? BTW i should probably explain how and what i used to record this. I am recording directly into my Profire 2626 on my ESP ec-1000 using the amp plugin for logic. I also used an IR impulse of a mesa cab through space design and then sent that to the same reverb bus in which my drums are sent to as well. I flipped through so many different reverbs after i decided to go with one and i believe it totally screwed this mix to hell. The drums are addictive drums and the bass is also direct line in no preamp or DI.

Sorry for the tardy reply,... the guitar part that comes in/becomes loud at 1:18. It could just be me. Anybody out there hearing it?
I can't really help outside of pointing it out (I hope you understand) without first hand knowledge. Anybody?

Sorry for the tardy reply,... the guitar part that comes in/becomes loud at 1:18. It could just be me. Anybody out there hearing it?
I can't really help outside of pointing it out (I hope you understand) without first hand knowledge. Anybody?

You were right my friend. I nudged one of the guitar tracks to the left fixed er' right up. One of the guitars was leading phase (I guess thats how you put it)

Back