need help

Chriss

Jitens Half Brother
i'm really getting into this recording buisness and have a few questions:

people talk about midi recording and stuff like that.. what mics should i get for recording midi and can i use my soundcard to playback midi samples? i have a pretty good idea about what midi samples are but it would be nice if you could give me a specific description..
also i need a midi controller with some cool sounds.. i wanna make music through midi by recording my nephew screaming when i hit him..

can i use a synthesizer to make his voice sound like a bass drum or will i have to hit him a particular way? I don't understand this part of recording..

also : should i get a mixer with build in sounds? and what can you play on a mixer? i see there's some cool sliders on mixers, do they produce any sound or will i have to buy extra stuff for that?

I'll need something that produces sounds too like the ones you hear in the radio.. what do these guys use?

I've also heard about samplers.. are these what u use to create demos of your work? cause with my skillz i'll be sending samples to record companys really quick, and then you can all be proud and say ya'll helped me get a few things straight when i first started making music.. :cool:

thank you for your time :)

Well, I really wanted to help you but after reading your thread again I came to the conclusion that you were helpless and I can barely help myself anymore.:D

so u don't know what module they use to produce those sounds you hear in the songs on the radio? I really need to know.. :D
'aight 'nuff of 'dis..

Entertaining post Chriss... got lots of laughs... just hope you don't come off as making fun of any people who post stuff here. It would be a shame if this great site became intimidating in any way. It's called "homerecording.com", not "reallyexperiencedrecording.com".

That said, I'm gonna read your first post again. It's funny.

peace /Tommy

some chick i met in germany :D damn what an ass! (she don't know i took that picture :D)

hehe tommy.. wasn't pun, just plain ol' healthy fun.. I've really had some people asking me stuff like that over e-mail in the past few weeks so i thought i'd just get some steam out.. everybody start out as a newbie (except my old friend who thought he knew it all and later sold his gear) including me.. so no pun intended...

Last edited:
Back