Need help

Robert Rhu

I just bought a montego II sound card. I am running my 4 track from stereo outs to the line-in jack on the sound card. i am then running my bass into the 4 track and trying to record to Sound Forge. I have a couple of problems...

1. When I fully insert the cable running from the 4 track to the line-in into the line-in I lose all sound coming from my bass (running through the 4 track). If I slightly pull the cable out I get the sound back. Does this indicate a short in my sound card?

2. When I record to sound forge the bass (I have also tried the drum machine) gets completely distorted. I have turned the levels down on the 4 track, both the bass and drum machine, the windows volume control and the sound card volume controls. It seems that there is no happy medium. If I turn it down too far I lose all sound. If I turn it up even slightly it is completely distorted. FRUSTRATING TO SAY THE LEAST!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Robert

Robert...sounds to me like you are going into the mike input on your card not the line input?? (very easy to do as the bastards don't label them clearly!!)

Back