Need help with Tascam Audio PC interface

Hi:
I have two TASCAM Audio PC interfaces, US-1641 and US-16x08. I have them in two different locations so the plan is to record using my laptop computer depending on where I am at the time. The 1641 driver has downloaded and been installed a while ago. I just got the 16x08 and downloaded the driver for that from the TEAC global web site. My problem is, no matter how much I have tried, the computer only recognizes the 1641. I use Sony Acid Music Studio 9.0 software for recording. Once I get the Acid Music software opened and want to select a track so that I can record, the Sony acid Music program only gives me the option to access 1641, not 16x08, even if I have the 16x08 connected to my laptop via the USB cable. Is it that Sony acid music software will not allow use of both audio interfaces on one computer? Please help. Please tell me what to do. Thanks

It is possible that the drivers are locked to the USB port they are installed on. They are basically the same interface and may use the same drivers (just different names).

Try uninstalling both via Device Manager. Install each driver in separate USB ports.

You do know that you can't likely use both interfaces at once?

Tascam drivers are picky sometimes. Please report back as I am curious. :)

Hey man,

I have the old version of the 16x08 (the US-1800) -
Have you made sure to use the CD provided with the 16x08 to install the drivers, and had a look in your setup settings in your DAW?

Back