Need help with Sysex Question

rjt

I am trying to switch patches on my SY77 (I like it, it's old like me!!) using Sonar 3. The patch switches fine, but not the bank (ie, can't get it to go from card to user to preset etc.) I am using the instrument definition provided by cakewalk for this. However, in the cakewalk manual, it says you can record the sysex data and use that to figure out what sysex numbers to send to get the changes you want... in my case bank change numbers. My SY currently in Sonar, is using numbers 18 for preset bank2, 21 for preset bank1, 22 for the user bank and 23 for the card bank.

Unfortunately, I couldn't quite figure out how to record the actual button pushes into sonar... in the past I have done data dumps, but not individual button pushes. So I used a little midi utility program to record the individual button pushes. In each case, I called up the A1 patch in the different bank (in order internal a1, card a1, preset1 a1 and preset2 a1)
here is the sysex data recorded by the utility:
C0 7A C0 00 C0 7B C0 00 C0 7C C0 00 C0 75 C0 00

So, the big question, can anyone tell me if the bank numbers of 18, 21, 22 and 23 are correct and (if not) what the correct ones are?

Thanks in advance.

Take Care

Back