Need help with Pro Tools (overdubbing)

quietb03

This is the problem I am having. I'm using Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 and im recording some midi sequences on instrument tracks. I set my start and end points for where I want to record and then after im done, the loop will start over again but when it goes back through it erases what I just recorded. Is there any way to stop it from doing that (overwriting/overdubbing)?

look up "MIDI merge" in your manual.

it's a button on your transport bar (at least it should still be in your version).

unless you're asking how you get out of loop record mode...so that it just stops at your end point. This should be in your Operations menu.

Last edited:
bennychico11 said:
look up "MIDI merge" in your manual.

it's a button on your transport bar (at least it should still be in your version).

unless you're asking how you get out of loop record mode...so that it just stops at your end point. This should be in your Operations menu.

Thanks the midi merge is exactly what I was looking for. I was searching the manual all day for "overdubbing" but the pro tools terminology is a little different than what I'm used to with other programs. And the manual is like 700 pages lol.

Back