Need help with presonus firestudio project and logic!!!!!

meecow1490

Hey guys sorry about this but im still learning how to use logic...

i plugged some headphones into the output in the back of my presonus firestudio project so that i could hear myself as i sing, and for some reason i only hear the sound coming out of the left earphone. i have tried this with three sets of headphones, and it happens for all of them.

please help!!

thanks,

peter

The headphone jack is on the front of the unit. The rear outputs are balanced mono signals. To do what I believe you are looking for, you need to get a headphone amp with AUX inputs. I would assume there is a way to hear yourself while recording in your DAW. I am not at all familiar with Logic tho.

are you sure? i thought i read that you could assign the outputs so that you can send individual people their sounds....or something like that

You can, but you need something to amplify the mono signal. Sure you can probably hear something through the headphones but it is not setup for that on its own. I got a HA4700 off Craigslist for $50. Pretty much the only Behri I would ever use, but it solved all of my monitoring issues.

Back