Need help with planning acoutic treatment

dnkygirl

M42 Entertainment
Hi all,

I am in need of major help. I have a typical extra bedroom studio setup that i want to fix the acoustics in my recordings. I have attached the basic layout and need help with planning. I would like to use panels... so as to not damage the walls with foam application. How can i set this room up so that i can record vocals without alot of room reflection?

I tried the closet for vocals and it is too small so i have to use the main room. closet is about 26X 80.... sounds terrible... with mics.

Demi

Attachments

• room reflections.jpg
    room reflections.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 67
I have attached the basic layout and need help with planning.

Start here:

How to set up a room

How can i set this room up so that i can record vocals without alot of room reflection?

Ideally, you'll treat the room with corner bass traps and other absorbers. Then you can record and mix well. If that's beyond your budget, something like the Portable Vocal Booth shown below will help a lot.

--Ethan

pvb-white.jpg

First thing I'd do is turn the room so you're facing the window.

Vocals can be done in a variety of places in the room. As Ethan suggested, some sort of portable gobo type solution would likely be best. If you can have part of your bass control be the 'back' of where you're going to record, it'll do double duty.

Bryan

Back