Need help with FD-4

godsmack_freak

I just bought a used FD-4 off of Ebay. The guy said it works fine and I trust him since I've bought many things from him before.

Anyway, I bought a 100mb iomega SCSI zip drive for it. I hooked it up and the FD-4 recognizes the drive, but it says "No Disk". Even after I put a disk in it still says that. I've tried many diffirent disks and have tried 2 diffirent drives and still no luck. Anybody know what's going on?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

FD-4 problem

I think the zipdrive has to be set to a specific SCSI ID #

I don't know which one, it's 6 * I THINK * but I do definitely remember reading in the manual (of an FD-8) that it has to be set to a specific SCSI ID.

Try the different ID's. I'll look up what it says in my manual tonight.

Other suggestions..

Not really. I haven't hooked my FD-8 up with an external drive so far...

Maybe the obvious: you have to tell the FD-4 to look for an external device. Check the different menu's.

Of course there's always the possibility that the scsi port is defect. Which would suck big-time.

Good luck!

I can't get to any menus. It won't do anything, it just says no disk.
I know it's finding the zip drive because if I turn the FD-4 on without it, it says "No Drive".
I don't know what to do, I've read the manual front to back, it was no help at all. I've asked about it on numerous message boards with very few replies. I did see one message from someone with the same problem, but no one ever answered it. I emailed the guy to see if he ever fixed his, but no reply so far.
Would contacting Fostex be a total waste of time?

waste of time?

I wouldn't know. I have never had to deal with them. I would at least give it a shot!

I wouldn't know what else to try. Unfortunately I haven't got an external zip drive so I can try myself....

Just send Fostex a message and pray they'll answer it.

Good luck! Let me know if you get a reply...

Formatt

I have the FD-4 also but never used the zip drive. I use an ORB 2.2 gig drive. If I remember right you gota formatt the drive. As far as the menu I think you have to have the drive on before you turn the FD-4 on I know I have to or it wont see the drive. As far as the manule goes it took me 6 mouths to understand that. Maybe I'm just a dummy!! Good luck, Donny!!!

Back