Need help with amp and routing

rothy

Hello all, another newbie question from me.

I have the following pieces of equipment:

Vox Tone Lab SE
Korg TR61
Boss DR-670

I currently use headphones to listen to the Korg and Boss while playing/practicing/writing with them (when recording they go into my Mbox - and I monitor through my KRK-5's). The tonelab goes into a small 10 watt practice amp when not recording.

So here are my questions:

1. Can anyone recommend an all purpose amp or small (cheap) monitors that would be good for all 3 while practicing? (I am not a fan of wearing headphones for hours at a time)

2. Does a routing box exist that can take 6 TS 1/4" lines (3 stereo pairs) and route to 4 TS 1/4" outs (2 stereo pairs - one for recording, one for monitoring)? (note - I am not looking for a mixer, just a switchable box that will let me select which line(s) in I want to use)

Thanks in advance - you guys are always very helpful! :cool:

Another quick note - I have a 16 channel mixer, and am thinking I may plug all of the line outs into the mixer, then into the Mbox (I only record 1-2 tracks at a time), then use the phono outs from the Korg, Vox and Boss to go into some sort of amplification - quality is not vital, as it is just for practice - and I am use to headphones.

So another question would be - is there a way to take 3 stereo 1/8" plugs and route them into speakers or an amp?

This has nothing to do withteh best way but you probabaly have all the tools you need in the mixer you mention.

Send the outs on the keyboard, brum machine and vox into the mixer, and, well, mix them, send the output to speakers and you have all three going at once. Monitor through the KRK-5's, to save having ot hook/un hook stuff up, send the output of the MBox through the mixer and use the KRK-5's to monitor there as well.

let me know if i misread you
daav

Back