Need Help...URGENT!!

Jose_Man

Hey guys, I just wanted to know what are your thoughts on the TASCAM USB-428.

I have a good machine(laptop) and I have been doing all of my band's recording with it, but with my 1/8 Mic input :S (.... I get a pretty decent sound, I'd say 10 x times better than the demos I hear around the streets.

My Ghetto studio.Inc is setted up this way:

Vocals= I record them with my Sony ECM-959 conderser mic, which captures pretty good sound.

Guitars= I run my guitar thru my RP-300 and plug it directly to the Mic line in on my laptop ( I uses a converter 1/4" to 1/8") which sound good, but brings me to this point...I dont know why, but i have the Mic line in as low as possible, and the master level in my RP-300 low as possible too (level 1 out of 100) and the fucking thing sounds too loud!!!...

So I was guessing that the thing that fucks my up is the fact that I'm using my Mic line in and my Laptop soundcard (which , I guess. is not made specially for recording ).

Now I see this USB-428 and It seems pretty decent (i havent tried it yet, neither have I met someone that has).

So I wanted to ask you if It would be a good Idea to get this product which is not that expensive and Its good for me because I'm just getting started with computer recording...

So what are your thought on this product and if theres another good one out there?

P.S. I was also thinking about buying the POD XT Which i tried and really love but I'd have to get one thing first; besides, it only works for guitar.

P.S. 2!!! before I forget, I got another question, Supose I buy the USB-428, does that mean That I dont have to get sound card for my laptop, because it working already thru USB.....or should I get it too??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Peace
Jose

Lesson no.1: Don't crosspost. Choose just one appropriate forum to post your question on.

I already gave you my 2 cents in the Computer Recording and Soundcards forum. Are you trying to get me bankrupt?

Back