Need help to Choose new gear...

Nakken

Hey!
Now that i got my ass in to one of this recording forums i think i might ask yall some questions :D
hehe

now im wondering so much on what gear i will buy when the paycheck comes. What do i need next in my home studio?
Iv'e been thinking on one of these Presonus monitor station, or a Presonus faderport or maybe a mixer. But i don't know whats best for my studio...

so maybe you guys can help?
Heres my gear
Interface - Focusrite Saffire pro 24
DAW - Cubase 5
DAW controller - Novation SL MKll
Mic's - Røde NT1a, Morgan and a sure.
Monitors - KRK rootkit 5''

And thats it, please help cuz im stuck :o

Thanks! :)
This looks like a realy god forum!
and yea, i think ''Torbjørn'' means ''THOR-Bear''. haha Like thor with the hammer...
but ENYWAY :)

I got a decent room treatment, i got many absorvation plates around the Vocal booth, and in the seealing.
And aslo in my Controll room i got som plates to, but not over the listening zoone.

(sorry for my bad english!!)

Last edited:
Probably need to know what it is you feel is lacking or what you can NOT do now that you want to. Sounds like you got your basic set up working and are recording - so what's missing? There are a million pieces of gear out there...

Maybe look at the mackie onyx series mixer maybe the 820i or 1220i, I have the 1640i and it is a great unit, all channels have a fire wire send direct to your DAW, 57's, maybe a Rode NT-1000, acoustic treatment (more than what you have now), maybe some good plug-ins, synths. mic stands, cables, pop filters,hard drives, head phone amp. pick and choose just things off the top of my head.

Biggest thing of all...listen to your actual recordings, what is it that isn't there that you hear on pro recordings? Or what is it that makes you wish you could improve? Target that.

And are you a musician or a prospective engineer? If you're only working on your own stuff, equipment is rarely the weak link in the chain if it's not obvious.

Thanks much for the help!:)

But i think i will try saving up to a Mackie Control Pro!

And for now i think i will get me the Presonus Monitor station, and moore room treatment, bass tramp! Looking foorward to it :drunk:

Back