need help! speaker mains disappeared!

Nilbog

hello
hey guys im looking for some quick help.

we have a live sound setup ith a spirit lx7 24 channel board running to two crown x5602 amps which power the two main speakers.

about a week ago the right channel main went out. the tweeters still worked, but the main speaker was shot. we replaced it and it seemed to be fine.

tonight, after some feedback issue, both left and right channels went out. again, we still have the tweets but the main speakers are gone.

this must be symtpomatic of something and i sure could use some quick ideas.

thanks

edit: the reasln im asking - the reason this doesnt seem obvious - is again that both speaker went out in the same way at the same time. the tweets working means the amp is pushing audio, but it seems unlikely that both speakers would crap out in the same way at the exact same time. right?

Last edited:
what kind of speakers???? i'ld check the crossovers... it's real strange that the woofers would blow normally it's the birds that roach...

They are Yorkville Sound TL352c speakers.

Are you talking about the crossover inside the speaker itself? How can I check that?

yes i mean inside the cabs... you say though that you replaced the first one and it worked right... something strange going on here... how hot are you running those crowns???? do you have someone locally that you trust with the setup???? i think someone needs to double check your wiring and settings... i've had guys tell me that they've had prroblems with crown amps since the harmon take over but cant relly say myself though i've used them for decades... ( i still use a crown d60 from '72 for headphones) and while i never owned any yorkville stuff they've always had a good rep... think you need some hands on help here...

They are Yorkville Sound TL352c speakers.

Are you talking about the crossover inside the speaker itself? How can I check that?
Do you have an ohm meter? Disconnect one lead on the suspect speaker, if should read 4-16 ohms. If it reads infinity (same as with meter leads on nothing) the speaker coil is 'open- dead. If not, the x-over? What about protection fuses in there?
Odd that the big' one goes before the tweet.

:DYo GOBLIN:

You still working?

You can call Sweetwater's FREE service techie and ask about your problem. And, it's a free call.

Recently, I lost sound on ONE monitor. After checking my recorder, Yam AW1600, I found that I had turned OFF the left stereo feed--real simple to fix but mind-boggling if one doesn't know this can happen.

I am not familiar with your recording gear so I "don't know" if my suggestion applies.

I just got my Adam A7s when this happened and was trying to figure out how I'd BLAST a new monitor. Not the case. This problem was also analyzed on the AW1600 Dijohn site--very coold site with lots of help.

Ciao,
Green Hornet:cool:

Back