Need help purchasing a CD recorder

Shanny

Our company needs to purchase a CD recorder so we can make dance music - we want to take several tracks off different CDs and put them in a specific order on 1 cd together. Here's the tricky part - we need about 10-15 seconds in between each song. Any ideas?

Yep use your computer. Get a program like Adobe Audition, Soundforge, ect.. or maybe even a CD burning program will work.

But what i would do is open up the cds in the program and then arrange the songs within that program.

Or what u could do is use Audacity, Adobe, ect.. record like 15 seconds of silence export that out as a .wav or mp3.

Now go to your burning software program and start making the mix cd so after track 1 load up that 15 seconds of silence then go 2 then silence. And so forth on.

Nicole

no computers

Unfortunately, we don't use computers there - not much more than dinosaurs with WordPerfect, anyway.......

You'd be hard pressed to find a cheaper alternative than this.

Add a second-hand monitor and hey, you'll be in the CD-making biz!

:D

ssscientist said:
You'd be hard pressed to find a cheaper alternative than this.

Add a second-hand monitor and hey, you'll be in the CD-making biz!

:D

That Cd recorder can do more than record. :D

That plus Cd Architect (I got a bundle of Soundforge7 + CD Architect for like $200 or something) will cost about as much as a decent standalone burner, and do a lot more. If you are not computer literate enough to burn a CD on a computer and learn a little program for custom editting, then maybe editting audio and making mix CDs just isn't for you.....(sorry if that comes off as harsh)

I had a Pioneer 555 it finally went out. Reading on it there was a common problem with a board (basically garbage then). Stay away from used 555's.

There is only a SONY in Best Buy/Circuit City..probbaly not that great either.
for your application of mixing in piece parts.

The Alesis Masterlink is around a Grand..and I'd surely get a PC over that with software, these days.
The Masterlink should be around $350 IMO.
it'd be good standalone for $350, ease of use is its big attraction, again a PC is so cheap and has a million more digital functions and software applications can be used.

all roads financially and options available lead to the PC. IMO.

Back