Need Help On Mastering, Guys..

D-Gravity

Officially~> Yo-DHA
hey people, im a newB for sure. i learnt makin beats and stuff and some editing works, using softwares like fl studio and soundforge. not yet started nuendo though i have it(still affraid..hehe) but i m not yet there in my mastering works for my songs. Often the song i make crosses the 0.0db mark. so when using fl studio, how can i make my mastering better? and aslo could you tell me how to use the compressor? what s the best softare to make a well mastered song?.... hope you ll will reply.. peace

Last edited:
You have a $3,000 program that you're "afraid" to use (??!!??!?) -

You don't even know the very, very most basic fundamental techniques for mixing -

You don't understand the very most basic principles of gain staging -

You don't understand how to use a compressor -

And you're asking about *mastering* already?

I'm thinking you should just stop everything you're doing and get a couple books on basic recording fundmentals before you do anything else. Work on tracking and mixing for a few years. Then start worrying about what you do *after* you finish the mixes.

I agree. The earlier in the process you go, the more important quality is, beginning with the performance, then the room you're in, then the signal chain. If all of these things are great, your tracks will be good and mixing will be better. And mixing is what you should worry about, not mastering. Take fl for example. Set the levels, pan, and eq for each instrument for a few days until you get a nice balance (use the 7-band eq in the effects view). Get good at this, get contropl of your levels. Don't worry about compressino until you're tracking vocals.

D-Gravity said:
hey people, im a newB for sure. i learnt makin beats and stuff and some editing works, using softwares like fl studio and soundforge. not yet started nuendo though i have it(still affraid..hehe) but i m not yet there in my mastering works for my songs. Often the song i make crosses the 0.0db mark. so when using fl studio, how can i make my mastering better? and aslo could you tell me how to use the compressor? what s the best softare to make a well mastered song?.... hope you ll will reply.. peace

As Massive Mastering said, learn and experience the art of some mixing first!

There is plenty of sites on the net that will help.

ooooooopsss.. thanx a bunch people..

oooooooooooopsssss... im not at all a newB im waaaaaay behind all those. sorry guys for dat stupid quest. and hey thanx alot for lightin me up. i was like not into this technically or academically thats why i got the name mastering wrong there i think. just an amatuer try. so i ll do what you guys told me. i ll just make myself familiar with the eq s and other basics. thanx ya ll>>> tc4b,massive masterring,boss hogg.. peace ya ll. hey and by the way could you guys please tell me what all s wrong goin on in my mixes if you have a bit time for dat, i ll be very thankfull to you guys. here s some of my mixes most remix contest entries though i think if you could just listen to them and tell me what you think.. hey by the way its not that im all set for my remixes and i m already in there making beats and all.. you know . in fact i ddnt know i was this baby in this field before i took up all these remixes.. im just hopping that you guys could get more advice for me or even tell me to stop all this.. like massive master said. by the way www.acidplanet.com/woofrbrain s the link. hope you ll help. peace

Back