Need help mixing down.

malycl

Hi Guys,

It's me again, i need help mixing down, I have the Tascam 424mkII and a sound blaster live sound card, the question is how do i get the music off tape to the pc? I have a line in on the sound card, but what type of adapter do i need to connect to the tascam to the pc, how and which outputs do i use. Could you plz HELP...

hey again! this what you do... oh by the way what kind of mastering software do you have on you're pc? any way you need a cable that has two RCA plugs(stereo like on a home stereo at one end and 1/8 inch mini plug at the other of course the RCA's are hooked into the main outs on the tascam and the 1/8 inch. to the sound blasters line in...
hope i helped.. arent four tracks cool?

p.s. post you're stuff someware when you're done so we came hear it....

Thanks reco,

I'm going to purchase one of the RCA adaters, i'm using the Sound Forge XP 4.0, is this a good thing to use or what, if not what is?

Cool, happy to help, I remember how confused I was when I was getting into four tracks.
Sounforge XP thats the lower cost one right?
That's cool though, but if you decide to upgrade in the future i would recomend Steinberg "Wave-Lab", its like $300, but its got so many cool toys like a program for burning cd's to red book standard(the peaks arent to loud and so on)and you can hear like right away what the fx are gonna sound like insted of having to aply them to hear them.
Hope i helped you out.

[This message has been edited by reco (edited 09-13-1999).]

Back