Need help Drumagog

NTK88

I have Adobe Audition 2.0 and when I tried putting the DLL file into the plugin directory, Adobe said it was unsupported :confused:

Also, will this only work if each drum is tracked or can it work with different sounds on the same track?

NTK88 said:
Also, will this only work if each drum is tracked or can it work with different sounds on the same track?

You can take a stereo drumtrack, and drumagog each drum. I will explain how, if that is what you have to do.

NL5 said:
You can take a stereo drumtrack, and drumagog each drum. I will explain how, if that is what you have to do.

Yes but 1st I need to make it work with adobe 2.0

Will it work in sound forge 8.0?

NTK88 said:
Ok nvr mind I got it to work.

How do I make it work on a stereo track?

Well, there are two ways that can think of.

Take and bounce the track to mono.

Then make as many copies as you have drums you want to gog.

Next, remove everything from the track but the snare hits. Label that track as "snare"

Do the same for all the other drums.

Then, use drumagog to replace each drum on each track.

Now, you have two choices. Blend the gog tracks with the stereo track in full, or go thru the stereo track and duck, or delete all the drum hits. Most natural would be to duck the hits a bit with automation.

It will be a lot of work, but it's about all you can do. (unless someone has a better idea)

NL5 said:
Well, there are two ways that can think of.

Take and bounce the track to mono.

Then make as many copies as you have drums you want to gog.

Next, remove everything from the track but the snare hits. Label that track as "snare"

Do the same for all the other drums.

Then, use drumagog to replace each drum on each track.

Now, you have two choices. Blend the gog tracks with the stereo track in full, or go thru the stereo track and duck, or delete all the drum hits. Most natural would be to duck the hits a bit with automation.

It will be a lot of work, but it's about all you can do. (unless someone has a better idea)

hmm well with the demo there are crappy samples anyway :D

Thanks for the help though.

NTK88 said:
Hard Rock.
I like the sounds on all of Metallicas 1990's work, and tools 10,000 days.

Go get Andy Sneap's samples off the drumagog site. They are free. They are great for just about anything, but especially hard/heavy rock.

Thanks for the info.
It seems like more trouble than its worth for me, since I would have to comb through 10 different tracks and delete all but one instrument.

NTK88 said:
Thanks for the info.
It seems like more trouble than its worth for me, since I would have to comb through 10 different tracks and delete all but one instrument.
If you have 10 tracks of drums, why do you have to delete anything?

BTW, the demo doesn't let you use your own samples.

Farview said:
If you have 10 tracks of drums, why do you have to delete anything?

BTW, the demo doesn't let you use your own samples.

He was using my method above to create drum tracks from a stereo drum track.

It is a lot of work, and it's hard to say if it would be worth it without hearing the actual track.

Sorry, I didn't know the demo didn't allow you to use your own samples.......Drumagog is well worth the price though, and Rim is a great guy.

Yup, that's a pain in the ass. Sometimes you can set up a gate with a key insert to do some of the work for you, but it is still time consuming.

Back