Need help configuring Audiophile 2496

Laynestaley

Newbie Shmewbie
I've recently bought myself a new desktop with Windows 7 64bit. I installed my Audiophile 2496 and the latest driver (5.10.0.5074). Windows recognizes the card and there is sound.

As a playing device I can only choose between S/PDIF and Line 1/2 so I selected Line 1/2. As a recording device I can pick either Line 1/2, Monitor and S/PDIF. When I select Line 1/2 I can record but there is a terrible latency. When I select Monitor there is no latency but the sound hangs (keeps repeating very fast).

I should also say that it worked ok yesterday (I had selected monitor as recording device), but because there was some minor stuttering on playback I decided to experiment with the settings (de-installed the soundcard and installed it again) and now I can't get it to work properly.

I've included a few screenshots that might shed some more light on things. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Device Manager.jpg
    Device Manager.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Sound.jpg
    Sound.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Sound2.jpg
    Sound2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 37
  • panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 37
Hi Laynestayley,

I had the same problem with the M-Audio card when the drivers first got released for it. The reason why you're getting the non-stop sound when you click the monitor is because the audio is in an endless feedback loop.

Both playback & recording defaults should set to Line 1/2.

Which application are you using to record? Make sure that it is set to the M-Audio ASIO Driver (if your application uses ASIO) otherwise the application will default to using the on-board sound ASIO which usually has large latency issues.

Actually.. I think I may remember why this happens.. Totally forgot about it..

I did/do have the latency issue also. The only real way to get around it is to:

1. uncheck "Listen to this device" in: Control Panel-> Sound-> Recording-> Right-Click on Line 1/2 on M-Audio Delta Audiophile-> Properties -> Listen-> Listen To This Device

2. Go to your DAW recording program and enable monitoring on one of the recording channels.

Unfortunately it seems that it's a driver issue as I've never had this kind of thing happen in XP. Thankfully I have a dual partition with XP and 7 so I don't really notice it.

Hope that helps.

Actually.. I think I may remember why this happens.. Totally forgot about it..

I did/do have the latency issue also. The only real way to get around it is to:

1. uncheck "Listen to this device" in: Control Panel-> Sound-> Recording-> Right-Click on Line 1/2 on M-Audio Delta Audiophile-> Properties -> Listen-> Listen To This Device

2. Go to your DAW recording program and enable monitoring on one of the recording channels.

Unfortunately it seems that it's a driver issue as I've never had this kind of thing happen in XP. Thankfully I have a dual partition with XP and 7 so I don't really notice it.

Hope that helps.

Unchecking "Listen to this device" did the trick. Latency is gone now. Thank you.

Back