Need help comparing keyboards.

starber

I'm comparing the M-Audio 61es and the Yamaha PSR275, for a beginner. The M-Audio looks a lot cleaner, and since I'm going to run the MIDI signal into my PC through my stereo into external speakers, with a soft synth, I don't want/need the speakers built into the keyboard.

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:
is the m-audio keyboard the 61 key evolution? if so, i have that model and am very satisified with it. I was in a similar situatio as you where i wanted ot use softsynths to play, so i didn't require the speakers. I also like the ability to use USB as a power source for the keyboard, it's great for on the go laptop music. Programming it can be a bit tricky but not undoable.

one thing to be careful of though is that make sure you have a decent computer and soundcard to give you a low, clip free, latency. Anything over like 5-8 milliseconds will be noticable when you play. By this i mean that there will be a slight delay from the time you hit the key to the time the sound comes through the speakers.... very annoying.

MME drivers will not work but ASIO and WDM probably will. I have better luck with ASIO than WDM though.

I had an m-audio 61 key midi controller, worked like a champ until it fell apart on me after about a year of use. :mad: Be ready to buy another one after that cheap material gives up on you

Back