Need Help - Can't play my .wav files

toast

I was wondering if anybody can help me with this:
I have a Pentium 4 2.5 gig computer with Windows XP, Samplitude 6.04 and an Echo Mia card (with XP drivers).
When I try to download a .wav file into Samplitude, I get the following error message:

Cannot open waveform output device 'Mia 1/2 Virtual Out'. The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated.

Then the mouse locks up and I can't do anything. Help!!!!

Sounds like a driver compatibility problem with XP. Try getting the most current XP driver for the sound card. I hope I am not stating the obvious!

I agree with Lemon.
Sounds like the .wav format is at a higher sample rate then what you have the card set up for.

OR

the audio sample is not in .wav (or .aiff) format but in a format not supported by the soundcard.

Samplitude is a great program! You can work in pretty much any format, as long as your card will support it.!

BTW- I am a long time Samp user myself currently living with ver 6.04 like yourself.

Enjoy!

OK, here's what I did tonight. Turned on the computer; same problem. The mouse just goes vertically, not horizontally. I switched the Mia Card to another PCI slot: same problem. Then I took out the Mia card altogether. When I turned the computer back on, the mouse was fully functional for about 15 seconds. Then it did the same thing; just worked vertical. I hope I didn't just screw up my brand new computer. Still need all the help I can get.

Back